The Maldives is world renowned for its incredible beauty, luxury resort stays & unique, tailored experiences. It’s also one of the most romantic places on earth.
No request is too difficult & exceeding expectations is simply part of the experience. However, not all of the best Maldives resorts for couples are created equally, so we’ve visited the best of the best so you can get it right the first time!
From overwater villas to private islands and all inclusive resorts, you’ll find plenty of romantic Maldives resorts. Looking for a private swimming pool or villas with private plunge pools for your Maldives honeymoon? Don’t worry – the Maldives has it all.
Whether you want water activities to keep you busy or to just relax on a beach enjoying the beauty of the Indian Ocean, we’ve got you covered in our list of the best resorts in the Maldives for couples.
If you are looking for more options for the best hotels in the Maldives, don’t miss our related posts:
Best Maldives Resorts for Couples
This property is consistently celebrated in the luxury resort community & for good reason. Barefoot luxury at its best with the most beautiful island and lagoon. Destination dining is one of their specialities, so make sure you book a romantic private dinner!
- The ultimate barefoot luxe vibes
- Insane turquoise lagoon
- Perfect palm beach
- Private villas with free standing bathtubs
- Various levels of accommodations, including beach villas, lagoon villas with private boat access only & the largest overwater villa in South Asia
- Sail into the sunset on a traditional (private) dhoni boat
- Surfing (private or group)
- Incredible, healthy food, caters to all diets
- Gorgeous overwater spa
- Sustainability minded
- Part of the North Male Atoll and only a 15 minute boat ride from Male International Airport
A true luxury playground for adults. Huge villas with personal butlers plus incredible on & off island experiences. Sustainability inspired & the number one bucketlist stay in the Maldives!
- The ultimate bucketlist stay
- The waterslides, of course!
- A HUGE, crystal clear lagoon for lazy swimming & relaxing
- Overwater cinema experience
- Huge villas with stunning views
- Sustainably minded
This is a not to be missed, luxurious Maldives stay. Some of the most high end dining experiences, clearest water and most stunning, modern villas in all of our travels.
- Overwater (and beach) villas with high ceilings & chic styling
- Crystal clear waters surrounding
- Sand bank stretching from the island
- Amazing dining experiences (including Japanese overwater & Turkish restaurants)
One of our favourite Maldives stays. The staff and the service here are exceptional. Very good food & divine villas.
- Overwater spa with luxury pools (one of the best spas I have ever visited!)
- Beachfront open-air cinema experience
- Destination dining options
- Water sports include riding a Jet Ski to a secluded sand bar
- Yoga under the stars
- Private wine reserve
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru
Prestige Maldives luxury with a beautiful lagoon. Amazing food and villas.
- The clear blue lagoon and long sand bank
- Amazing dining options & great destination dining
- The private island resort Voavah if you are looking to splurge!
- Long infinity private pools in the water villas
- Flower bath at the spa is one of the best spa experiences in the Maldives
- Jungle vibes, perfect for bike riding
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
A stunning small island with the incredible service you would expect from Raffles. Intimate, relaxed and beautiful.
- Tiny island
- Excellent service
- The best spa we visited
- JetSki to sand bank and snorkelling
- Private sunken table beach dinner
- Tasty food options (vegan too)
Trailblazers of sustainable & barefoot luxury in the Maldives. Incredible food and amazing people!
- Vibrant & happy people
- Sustainability at its core
- Healthy food
- Lush jungle surrounded by perfect water
- Overwater restaurant with waterslide
Six Senses Laamu
A sustainability minded luxury stay. Perfect for divers & adventure travellers who love to come home to superb accommodation & food.
- Private sand bank
- Sustainability minded
- Barefoot luxury
- Untouched reefs in a remote setting
A tiny island with exception charm, the best snorkelling, a Mexican bar & overwater bath goals.
- Very small island
- Multiple dining options
- House reef alive with marine life – you can swim with sea turtles just off of the beach
- Overwater villa bathrooms
- Super romantic & intimate
- Do the manta rays excursion for an incredible experience to remember
Four Seasons Kuda Huraa
This Four Seasons resort is a perfect blend of relaxation, luxury, adventure & conservation. And all served up on a picturesque tropical island.
- Stunning lagoon with the most perfect white sandy beaches to relax
- Adventure experiences (like surfing) at your fingertips
- Amazing marine life straight off the island
- Conservation works in reef restoration and turtle rehabilitation
- Private spa island
Four Seasons Voavah Private Island
An extraordinary 5 acre private island hideaway in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve for up to 21 guests. This is the Maldives most exclusive resort!
- There’s no set Voavah experience or typical itinerary. It’s your island, your rules and your way
- Your own 62 ft yacht, dive centre, spa, Beach House, seven bedrooms and resident pod of dolphins
- A naturally beautiful island with vivid blue lagoon and palm trees on the beach
- A short boat ride to Four Seasons Landaa, though I’d never want to leave!
- 3 seperate villas on the island
- All inclusive Maldives private island
St Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
Top tier luxury accommodation, food and experiences made special by impeccable service.
- First class service from start too finish
- The Whale Bar for sunset cocktails and tapas
- Hydrotherapy pool and overwater spa
- Luxury Yacht experience onboard ‘Norma’
A great all-round mix of island vibes, overwater luxe, activities and great food options with amazing sunset cruises.
- Swim with manta rays
- Perfect palm laced beach and hanging chair
- Sunset dhoni cruise
- Located in the North Ari Atoll, a 25 minute seaplane ride from Male International Airport
- All inclusive package rates available
COMO Cocoa Island Maldives
An intimate and peaceful stay in barefoot luxury where wellness is the focus.
- One of the best menus in Maldives! Organic, garden to table dining with lots of vegan options
- Small island with limited villas for an intimate stay
- One of the most incredible sandbanks we have ever explored
- Iconic COMO Shambala spa, including hydrotherapy pools for guest use
One & Only Reethi Rah
The ultimate luxury Maldives resort where everything is possible! Next level experiences and special moments – every day.
- Exceptional dining, including magnificent destination dining options
- Personal buggy to explore the beautiful island
- Maldives most elegant overwater bungalows & beach villas
- Private sunset & champagne experience onboards a traditional Dhoni boat
- Olive Ridley Turtle conservation onsite
More of the Best Resorts in the Maldives for Couples to Consider
Hurawalhi Island Resort – Hurawalhi is a luxury all inclusive adults-only resort located on the pristine Lhaviyani Atoll that is perfect for couples.
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort – Choose from over water villas, beach villas, lagoon villas, or larger residences. Many of them include a private plunge pool for you to enjoy with your partner.
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort – Located in the South Male Atoll, Anantara Veli is an adults only 5-star luxury resort. You can also access facilities at the sister resort, Anantara Dhigu.
For more tips on the best hotels in Maldives for couples, don’t miss our other Maldives guides:
20+ Top Maldives Resorts
Best Resorts in the Maldives for Snorkeling
Affordable Maldives Resorts
Spending a Week at the Four Seasons Maldives Resorts